I’ve long thought about making a bath salts gift and have recently had the perfect opportunity. Since August I have been collaborating with Bloom & Wild and scattering their beautiful flowers throughout my Instagram gallery. (Bloom & Wild send bouquets of flowers and plants by post, they fit through your letterbox.) I thought I could preserve some of my favourite flowers and also give them as a gift to my loved ones. Drying flowers to add to bath salts can be done a few different ways. I’d like to try the other methods, but so far I’ve chosen to dry mine by microwave.
Drying Petals By Microwave Method
- Pick the flowers you’d like to dry whilst they’re still fresh.
- Use an old and microwavable bowl and do a good handful of flowers at a time.
- Put the flowers into the bowl and heat in the microwave for about a min.
- Check the flowers and pull out any fully dried ones, or give them a shake and microwave again for another thirty seconds.
- Check flowers and pull out dry ones. If any are still not quite dried, heat again on short intervals until dry.
How to Make Petal Bath Salts
To make the Bath Salts I got some premium quality Epsom Salts, some Bicarbonate of Soda and some Pure Essential Oil.
- Mix about 3/4 Epsom salts and 1/4 Bicarb of Soda in a bowl.
- Add some drops of essential oil. I used Frankincense and about 6 drops was perfect for me but adjust according to taste and the quantity you’re making.
- Crush your dried petals into tiny pieces and add to the bowl.
- Mix well and put into your desired airtight containers.
- Alternatively, you can leave some flowers whole and place on top, or leave petals larger and place on top.
After that, I then decorated up the jars and Treat Tubes I’d used with some Shimmery White card stock tags. I hand lettered some phrases onto them but you could also use the Labeler stamp set and stamp your labels. I added the leaf stamp from Bloom & Wishes (see another project using that here) with some Garden Green ink. Lastly, I tied them to the jars with White Bakers twine and some Green Sprigs.
I hope this quick and easy gift idea helps you to prolong your beautiful flowers and give a gift that the recipient will adore (or use for yourself as a pampering treat).
Bloom & Wild are kindly giving all my friends 20% off their flower orders and you can schedule them far in advance, so perfect for organising Mother’s Day, Christmas or a up and coming birthday. Just follow this link to order yours.
If you’d like to make your own Bath Salts, you can order the materials below and find similar jars, oils and salts on Amazon. (I’d recommend Young Living or DoTerra for your essential oils as they’re pure and organic).
Happy Stampin’ and gift giving,